Saturday, August 29, 2015

Merlin The Dragon's Call, Valiant ~ Alex

          Okay, So There are so many episodes of Merlin so what I have decided to do is review them as I watch them. Like say I watch four episodes in a row without being able to blog so I would write a blog post about those four episodes. Make sense?
So, Last night I watched the first two Episodes of Merlin. The Dragon's Call and Valiant. 


The Dragon's Call



Synopsis

          The first episode of Merlin starts off with Merlin coming to Camelot. The first thing he sees is someone be killed for using magic. A witch then comes and confronts the king in front of everyone. She threatens to kill the king's son because he killed her son. "An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth" is what she uttered. 
          After that everything settled down a little bit and Merlin went to the place where he was originally sent to Camelot to go to go. When Merlin shows up there he ends up having to use his magic to save the man he is intended to work for. Throughout the episode Merlin struggles with the law of "no using magic". Eventually the witch who threatened to kill the prince comes back, but in disguise. 
Review

          This being my first episode of Merlin that I have watched, personally I loved it. As you can tell from the fact that I kept watching the show. I have come up with a theory that I just have an obsession with Arthur and Camelot and such, because as you saw from my previous review of Quest For Camelot, I am OBSESSED with that, so it only makes sense to be obsessed with this too right? 
          Anyways, I love the character of Arthur AND Merlin. I find both of them attractive, I mean look at these beautiful men. 




Valiant 


Synopsis

          Merlin has now become Prince Arthur's Servant because he saved Arthur's life when a witch (See in last synopsis) tried to kill Arthur. Prince Arthur has entered in a sword fighting Tournament where he is soaring right on up to "first place" as you would put it. Basically, he kept winning sword fights. 
          The man who in the end he is to face has been found to be cheating the whole time by using a magical shield that has the snakes that are painted on them come to life when the person holding the shield, or whoever says a spell. 


Review

          Again, I loved this episode of Merlin. In the first episode I will admit I did not take a liking to Prince Arthur because he was very full of himself, but in this episode he is definitely getting better with his attitude towards Merlin. I will probably always love Merlin though. 
          I think that these episodes are very well written, the only thing I have to say is I don't really think it follows the original myths of Merlin and Arthur, but the thing is there are so many different versions of each myth so maybe the show Merlin is based off of a version of the myth I have not heard of. But even if they made up their own myth by keeping the basis of each character it'll still be okay, because again it is a myth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment